Ashwin Sanghi

Born:
Genre:
Website: www.sanghi.in
Category: .

"“Omniscient, omnipotent, omnivorous and omnipresent all begin with Om.” ― Ashwin Sanghi, The Krishna Key"


Author bio: Ashwin Sanghi ranks among India’s highest-selling authors of English fiction. He has written several bestsellers (The Rozabal Line, Chanakya’s Chant, The Krishna Key, The Sialkot Saga) and a New York Times bestselling crime thriller called Private India together with James Patterson.

Sanghi has also penned two non-fiction titles, 13 Steps to Bloody Good Luck (2014) and 13 Steps to Bloody Good Wealth (2016). He was included by Forbes India in their Celebrity 100 and is a winner of the Crossword Popular Choice award. He was educated at Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai, and St Xavier’s College, Mumbai.

He holds a Master’s degree in business management from Yale University. Ashwin Sanghi lives in Mumbai with his wife, Anushika, and his son, Raghuvir.

AUTHOR'S CORNER

“Omniscient, omnipotent, omnivorous and omnipresent all begin with Om.” ― Ashwin Sanghi, The Krishna Key

“History is simply a version of events that can be easily influenced by the political, cultural and religious leanings of those who write it.” ― Ashwin Sanghi, The Krishna Key

“What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you,” ― Ashwin Sanghi, The Sialkot Saga

“In life 99% is about good luck. The remaining 1% is about bloody good luck.” ― Ashwin Sanghi

“Everything is going to be right at the end. If it's not right, then it is not the end.” ― Ashwin Sanghi, Chanakya's Chant

“Character is what you are. Reputation is what people think you are.” ― Ashwin Sanghi, Chanakya's Chant

“Write when drunk. Edit when sober. Market it with the persistence of a drug peddler.” ― Ashwin Sanghi

“Worry is like a rocking chair; it keeps you in motion but gets you nowhere” ― Ashwin Sanghi

“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” ― Ashwin Sanghi, 13 STEPS TO BLOODY GOOD LUCK

“Entrepreneurs are not risk takers. They are calculated risk takers.” ― Ashwin Sanghi, 13 STEPS TO BLOODY GOOD LUCK

“Luck hates loneliness. It’s almost impossible to be lucky alone,” ― Ashwin Sanghi, 13 STEPS TO BLOODY GOOD LUCK

“Luck hates loneliness. It’s almost impossible to be lucky alone,” ― Ashwin Sanghi, 13 STEPS


Quickies (One-word answers)

  • Have you ever Googled yourself?
Sure  
  • Pen or pencil?
Thick ballpoint.  
  • Notebook or laptop?
Macbook Air.  
  • Foodie or health conscious eater?
Whisky drinker.  
  • Listener or talker?
Talker.  

Get to know your author

  • Writers who have inspired you the most?
  Paramahansa Yogananda, Dominique Lapierre, Salman Rushdie, Gary Zukav, Richard Dawkins, Brian Weiss, Arthur Hailey, Jeffrey Archer, Sidney Sheldon, Frederick Forsyth, Robert Ludlum, Irving Wallace, Jack Higgins, Tom Clancy, Ayn Rand, Ken Follett, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Stieg Larsson, Ian Rankin… it’s a long list.
  • What’s your writing routine like?
  I usually write in the mornings from 6 am to 10 am. The rest of the day is devoted to my parallel career as well as the business and marketing of my books. My evenings (from 8 pm to 10 pm) are usually spent reading and researching. I am an introvert by nature and have a close circle of friends whom I meet every few weeks. Other than that, I have virtually no social life. My life revolves around work, writing and my family. And honestly speaking, I like it that way.
  • If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you name it?
  The Accidental Storyteller  
  • Do you have any strange writing habits (like standing on your head or writing in the shower)?
  I must face east while writing. I believe it gives me creative energy.
  • What is your least favourite part of the publishing / writing process?
  Marketing. Write when drunk, edit when sober, marketing is the hangover.
  • What literary character is most like you?
  Inspector Frost from the novels by R.D. Wingfield.